Alufer’s core objective is to be a globally significant bauxite producer, creating wealth for shareholders and economic prosperity for the people of Guinea.
The team is focused on delivering a long term, sustainable mining operation.
Alufer is uniquely positioned to achieve this:
World Class Mining Assets
- A leading project in terms of time to production – short construction phase of 18.5 months
- Bel Air is 15km from the coast and requires minimal infrastructure – low capex, low opex operation
- Feasibility Study completed with 5.5Mtpa Direct Shipping Ore (DSO) operation
- Mining Convention signed for the Bel Air project in February 2016 (to view press release please click here). Subsequently ratified by Parliament on 1 June 2016 and the Presidential Decree was received in July 2016
- Labé project offers further growth potential
Premium quality product
- Tri-hydrate (low temperature) bauxite with low silica
- Bel Air bauxite quality is deemed to be between CBG and Kindia – two of the highest quality materials in the market
- Refineries are prepared to pay a premium for high quality bauxite
• Material from Brazil, Guyana, Ghana and Guinea can command up to 50% more than the market price